Eldrazi_Lykos

2 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Eldrazi_Lykos
By Eldrazi_Lykos » about 1 year ago

The Alchemist

The Alchemist class while a great kit idea is in my opinion underpowered. You rarely ever see it in use, unless it is being used by a new player to the server who is testing all of the new classes.

Here are the stats for the Alchemist

The Alchemist has a AV (or armor value) of ten, which is about average if not below average when compared to other classes.

The Alchemist carries a unenchanted Stone Sword along with a Lingering Potion of Wither III, which when applied to a player at max health wearing full Iron Armor dropped him down to 14 hitpoints. (6 damage in total.) The Alchemist is also semi-immune to the Wither Affect.

The Lingering Potion has a very long cooldown time, which from testing was about 9-10 seconds. This is it's main problem as since it is mainly a melee class, waiting for your next potion leads you suseptible to being attacked. Having a stone sword and low armor also means that your not guarranteed to survive in a 1v1 battle for long against other Classes like the Pawn or Barbarian.

On a side note, the Chemist has slightly higher armor, a wooden sword, and a very powerful potion with Poison II, Nausea, and Instant Damage, along with a cooldown time of about 2-3 seconds.

The Chemist is able to use his potion much more reliably and efficently than the Alchemist can with his current potion.

Now How To Fix The Alchemist

There are three main ways to buff the Alchemsit while still making him balanced.

Giving him higher armor value of atleast tweleve would ensure he can survive more. 

His sword can either be pre enchanted with sharpness or turn into a Iron Sword (Which is more prefer)

Lastly, his potion can be upgraded to have another Potion Effect like Nausea or Blindness. If not that option, then his Potion cooldown time can also be shortened to about 6 seconds give or take.

These are my suggestions and thank you for taking the time for reading them. I hope you seriously consider them and let me know what you all think. Goodbye!

AoElite
Admin

584 posts
90 reputation

IGN: AoElite
By AoElite » about 1 year ago
I agree it probably needs a buff. I'll increase it's armor or upgrade the sword. Probably the armor tho.

-AoElite

Ban appeal format link

Risate

5 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Risate
By Risate » 11 months ago

loved using the Alchemist kit. I didn't care about the sword much, but one's ability to hide and lob lethal potions on players was great. I always used the Wither III against people that I was chasing to slow them down due to the damage with no KB. It would be nice if it were buffed though. indecision

AoElite
Admin

584 posts
90 reputation

IGN: AoElite
By AoElite » 11 months ago
That post was 3 months ago and it did receive a buff.

-AoElite

Ban appeal format link